Job Vacancies at Norwich City Football Club
Host Families for Norwich City FC Academy Players Required
Norwich City Football Club is seeking to recruit Accommodation providers to act as ‘Host Families’ for our young Academy football apprentices.
Lodgings should provide good quality accommodation in an environment which provides a safe setting for the apprentices to live during their weekly training schedule.
Due to logistical reasons, it is most desirable that the prospective applicants should live locally to our Colney Training Facility – i.e. Hethersett, Great Melton, Little Melton, Wymondham, Cringleford, Bowthorpe.
Our placements vary from short-term to long term, with some specialist accommodation, offering short notice limited accommodation for Trialists and their families or holiday cover for other Host Families.
For more information and further enquiries, please contact our Safeguarding Manager - Tony Hedges - via email: email@example.com
Norwich City FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all accommodation providers to share this commitment. This role involves work with young people and is subject to police Criminal Records Checks (CRC) via the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). This will include vetting at the highest level. Clearance through The FA Criminal Records Checks (FA CRC) system is required. As such this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the applicant must disclose all previous convictions including spent convictions. Two written references will also be required. Applicants, in addition, will need to demonstrate that the accommodation meets certain safety standards.
First Team Performance Analyst
Norwich City Football Club is currently seeking an experienced Performance Analyst to join the club in the role of First Team Performance Analyst. Reporting to the Head of Performance Analysis the successful candidate will play a vital role in providing performance analysis support to the first team Head Coach, coaching staff & players.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Contribute and lead on all first team analysis requirements (pre match, live, training and post-match analysis);
• Providing detailed Opposition Analysis, through the use of subjective and objective data in line with the Clubs philosophy;
• Produce pre match dossiers to aid pre match preparation;
• Live code first team matches to provide detailed feedback in relation to game plan and playing philosophy;
• Present detailed feedback to the first team Head Coach and coaching staff;
• Develop and maintain performance databases for longitudinal analysis; and
• Perform additional duties as required to meet the needs of the department.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree required in a sports science related subject;
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience of providing performance analysis support within a first team environment (extensive Championship experience desirable);
• High level of tactical/technical football knowledge;
• Proficient in the use of Sportscode, Coach Paint, Scout 7 & other leading performance analysis systems;
• Experience of implementing Opta data sets and online tools within analysis workflows.
• Ability to interpret data, develop creative presentations and provide concise feedback in a professional manner;
• Proficient in using Mac OS and software (Final Cut Pro, Keynote, iBooks & Numbers);
• Experience of using data visualisation and statistical analysis packages (desirable);
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Hard-working & pro-active attitude with a commitment to CPD.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter stating your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 11th May at 5pm BST.
Please outline your salary expectations and current notice period within your covering letter.
Community Partnerships Manager
The Community Sports Foundation (CSF) and Norwich City Football Club are looking to recruit a motivated and enthusiastic individual with the ability to take sole responsibility for the commercialisation of a variety of community initiatives led by CSF.
The role will involve securing event sponsors and partners for community and commercial events. Working alongside other stakeholders across the business you will also be responsible for delivering rights to these commercial partners and sponsors.
Reporting into Commercial, this exciting opportunity would involve working 3 days in the Commercial team at Norwich City FC and 2 days in CSF as well as first-team home matchdays.
Your experience and ease in managing multiple accounts and generating new business will play a key role in achieving the following;
- The retention and renewal of existing accounts;
- The delivery of agreed rights; and
- Development of new partners and event sponsors
The role would ideally suit a candidate with the drive and determination to pitch for, and secure, business in a range of different ways – including face to face meetings and via telephone. You will also need to have good attention to detail and a keen eye for identifying revenue generating opportunities, as well as an ability to quickly form strong relationships at varying seniority both internally and externally.
To apply for the role of Community Partnerships Manager, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing date for all applications is 5pm, Wednesday May 3.
Talent ID Scouts for Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire
Norwich City Football Club is looking to recruit three lead scouts to watch grassroots football in Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire for players aged 11-18. The candidates need to be based in, or close to Norwich, Ipswich and Cambridge respectively.
Norwich City Football Club has a Category One status for its Academy for 2016/17, and is looking to recruit three part-time scouts to work on a casual basis to lead local player recruitment in the Academy.
The roles will involve attending local games midweek (evenings), Saturday and Sunday mornings and completing comprehensive reports on the players involved to help identify players for Norwich City.
The Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) is a long-term plan introduced by the Premier League to promote the development of a world leading Academy system. It aims to deliver an environment that promotes excellence, nurtures talent and systematically converts this talent into professional players capable of playing first team football at the club that develops them. Within the plan professional clubs are awarded a categorisation for their Academy, depending on their ability to fulfil the criteria outlined above. Norwich City FC’s Academy has been awarded the highest possible status (Category One).
Scouts are required to assist with Scouting and Recruitment providing a systematic coverage of local Football in order to identify realistic recruitment targets for the Academy at Norwich City Football Club.
The successful applicants will be required to go through an induction and screening process that will include an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Initially successful applicants will be paid fixed rates for the work they carry out on a part-time casual basis and will be paid bonuses for players signing.
This would be systematically reviewed so that high achievers are offered higher remuneration and more games to watch.
The following criteria are essential:
• Knowledge of local football.
• Experience or a background in scouting.
• Self-motivated and committed.
• A strategic planner, organiser and co-ordinator.
• Confident and able to work individually and as part of a successful team.
• A ‘people person’ with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Computer literate.
• Able to drive and with their own transport.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-time Academy Mini-bus Driver
Norwich City FC Academy - Norwich
The Norwich City FC Academy is looking to employ a Part-Time Mini-bus driver to start with immediate effect. The Driver would be responsible for transporting Academy players to and from training at the Colney training centre during the weeks as well as occasionally covering transport to games on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
All applicants will need to go through DBS processing procedures and have a clean licence that allows them to drive a 17 seater mini-bus.
The closing date for applications is Monday 17th April at 12pm. For more information and a full job description, please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter to James Bemment (Operations Manager) at email@example.com
- Mini-bus Driving Experience: 1 year (minimum)
- Clean Driving Licence
- Safeguarding Statement
Norwich City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in the workplace. Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this post. Engagement will be subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure.
Delia’s Restaurant & Bar
We are looking for experienced restaurant staff to join our team at Delia Smith’s flagship restaurant on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Commitment to delivering Delia’s vision of offering our guests a warm and friendly welcome, whilst achieving exacting standards and outstanding customer care are essential.
For further details and to apply please visit our website or call the Catering HR team on 01603 218773.
Delia’s Canary Catering is committed to equal opportunities.
Stadium Vendors (Carrow Road)
Delia’s Canary Catering is looking for dynamic individuals to sell food and drinks directly to our amazing fans out in the stands at Carrow Road.
The ideal candidates will enjoy the lively banter of a first team matchday and be capable of interacting with customers to attract and improve sales.
You must be comfortable carrying your own stock and have the confidence to sell to a crowd of passionate supporters.
You need to be energetic, motivated, loud and proud to do a job with a difference.
We can offer exceptional pay rates and incentives to successful Stadium Vendors.
Experience is not essential for the right (big) personality!
Apply online here
For more details please call Catering HR on 01603 218773
Matchday Staff (Carrow Road)
We are looking for enthusiastic team players with a vibrant personality to offer excellent customer service to our fans and guests on matchdays.
We offer an excellent opportunity to earn extra money, with shifts that fit around your current commitments.
If you are reliable, confident, hardworking and energetic please complete an online application at www.deliascanarycatering.com/contact/jobs/
We currently have vacancies for:
• Kiosk Bar staff
• Restaurant Bar and Waiting staff
• Chefs - All grades
• Kitchen Assistants
Come and try a job with a difference, join us and soak up the atmosphere and excitement of a match day.
Apply online here
Experience is not essential for the right personality!
Matchday Betting Cashiers
Norwich FC’s in-stadium betting operator, BD Stadia, are looking to add to their team of part-time cashiers to assist in the processing of fans' bets on a match day.
On match days, 3 hours per match (weekends and evenings)
Rate of pay:
£8.33 per hour
As part of the BD Stadia in-stadium betting team, duties include:
- Promoting the match day betting service and the relevant specials/promotions in the area you are assigned
- Processing bets from supporters in concourse and corporate areas prior to kick off
- Cash handling and reconciling paperwork quickly and efficiently
Delivering high levels of customer service and promoting brand awareness.
The successful candidates must be:
- Honest and reliable
- Professional and smart in appearance
- Available to work weekend and evening fixtures for the duration of the season, including over Christmas and Easter ( this is essential )
- Well-spoken, enthusiastic and confident
- Ideally experienced and strong in customer service and cash handling
We offer concourse and hospitality work, hospitality experience would be a key benefit to this role.
Additional hours and responsibilities may be available to the right candidates.
Previous bookmaking experience preferred but this is not required.
Please note, due to Gambling Commission legislation we can only offer this position to candidates over the age of 18.
To apply, please go to www.bdstadia.co.uk/application
where you will need to fill out the online application stating Norwich FC as your preferred club - applications via email will not be accepted. Please complete all sections, including references, and attach a photo. Due to the number of applications received we are only able to contact those who are successful. Some applicants may be contacted at a later date when additional spaces become available.
SALARY: From £7.25 PH
HOURS OF WORK
Matchdays - minimum 4 Hours – Start time match dependent
Matchday Safety Officer
Steward’s primary role is to ensure the safety and welfare of all supporters regardless of age, gender, religious or other beliefs, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability or the team they support.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend the stadium at given dates and times as dictated by the Matchday Safety Officer
- Attend pre-event briefing
- To be trained and assessed to a level 2 stewarding qualification within the National Qualifications Framework, or undergoing such training
- To ensure that the requirements of the safety certificate and ground regulations are met at all times
- To be responsible for the safety and comfort of supporters within the site
- Direct supporters to seating areas by checking tickets
- Assist in the prevention of overcrowding by ensuring the crowd limits in various parts of the ground are complied with
- Ensure that gangways and exit / evacuation routes are kept clear
- Identify and investigate any incident or occurrence among supporters, reporting their findings to a supervisor
- Report to the area supervisor any damage or defect which is likely to pose a threat to spectator safety e.g. a damaged seat or barrier
- Be capable of recognising potential fire hazards and suspect packages, reporting such findings immediately to a supervisor
- Know the location of the first aid room and any first aid equipment kept elsewhere in the Stadium
- Be fully conversant with any methods or signals used to alert staff that an emergency has arisen
- Comply promptly with any instruction given in an emergency by the Matchday Safety Officer or supervisor
- Remain at allocated post as instructed unless authorised or ordered to do otherwise by a supervisor
- Assist as required in the evacuation of the ground
This document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
All employees may be required to undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested.
Matchday Stewards must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Demonstrate a commitment to delivering excellent customer services in all areas of the stadium
- Continue to listen to our customers and communicate with them to ensure continual improvement
- Work towards ensuring we meet all safety and security standards
- Must reinforce and reflect the Club’s Behaviours (Accountability, Purpose, Continuous Improvement, Communication and Building Know-how)
To apply, please send a one-page covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Sports Foundation
The Norwich City CSF welcomes expressions of interest from sports coaches.
Please visit the CSF recruitment page for more information.
Norwich City Football Club welcomes applicants irrespective of the following protected characteristics: age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation and any other protected characteristic determined by prevailing anti-discrimination/equality legislation.