Norwich City are committed to creating inclusive and welcoming environments where children, young people and adults at risk feel safe, valued and respected in line with our club values.
We aspire to create a culture where peoples views are asked for and they also feel confident to offer their own opinions. We believe this helps develop an environment where children, young people and adults feel able to share their concerns and everyone can challenge poor practice or behaviour.
Our dedicated Safeguarding Team work in partnership with colleagues, stakeholders and statutory agencies to keep those at risk safe from the risk of harm.
Our Head of Safeguarding, Gary Dack has overall responsibility for the following:
- Strategic responsibility for safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk.
- Effective partnerships with external bodies e.g. Police, Social Services, Schools, Health, Premier League, EFL, FA, Norfolk Safeguarding Children Panel, Norfolk Safeguarding Adults Board and NGO support agencies.
- Promoting awareness of safeguarding issues so all can play their part in preventing, identifying and responding to abuse.
- Providing guidance and support to staff dealing with operational safeguarding matters.
- Ensuring that the Club provide a proportionate and necessary response to safeguarding risk.
- Ensuring that our safeguarding practice meets current industry standards.
Norwich City Football Club plan to embed an inherent safeguarding culture which is underpinned by safer recruitment, safer practice and workforce development. To measure our success we will encourage audit, feedback and data analysis to ensure we understand any areas which may benefit from development.
Anybody who believes a child, young person or adult at risk is at immediate risk of harm should contact the Police as soon as possible (Telephone 999 or 101)
Any non-urgent concerns about the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk should be reported to Norfolk County Council’s customer services line on 0344 800 8020.
Alternatively, you can report club related concerns to our Safeguarding Team as below:
Telephone: 01603 721902
Mobile: 07931 235 513
Contact details of various safeguarding support agencies can be found within the Club’s Safeguarding Guidebook