The opportunity to combine football and education for 16-19 year old male and female footballers at Stratton Upper School
The Football and Education Programme at Stratton Upper School is a fantastic opportunity for male and female students in year 11 and 12 with a passion for football to continue their education in partnership with the Norwich City FC Regional Development Programme.
All players will have the option to study their choice of A Level or Vocational pathways alongside our exciting full time football programme including daily training sessions and regular fixtures against high level opposition.
- Students may choose any A Level or Level 3 education option offered by Stratton Upper School.
- Giving students the flexibility to continue their academic journey and create opportunities for their future pathway.
- Stratton Upper School is the second highest performing sixth form in Central Bedfordshire.
- Education pathways are designed to give students the best possible chance of achieving the highest possible qualifications to support progression to further education and employment.
- Players will train 3 times a week with a detailed training programme delivered by Norwich City FC RDP coaches.
- Sessions will be largely game related to improve a players technical ability and tactical understanding, allowing them to apply their skills to match days.
- Players will have access to fantastic indoor facilities at Stratton Upper School to allow for strength and conditioning, flexibility, recovery and futsal sessions to further enhance players technical and physical skills.
- All players will receive Individual Learning Plans to provide players with an individual focus to take their game to the highest possible level.
- Our teams will compete in a regular fixture programme to give players the opportunity to apply what they have learned in training in a competitive environment.
- Teams will compete in an internal fixture programme against other RDP Football and Education Programmes increasing players matchday opportunities.
- Entry into futsal competitions to further challenge players technical ability in a competitive setting.
- Students can gain coaching experience as part of our junior coaches club.
- There will be the opportunity for students to progress into a variety of pathways including higher levels of football, university, USA Scholarships and employment.
- Travel on tours and take part in a range of workshops to improve life skills and career progression.