As we approach the start of our 20-21 season, the RDP’s girls programme is at an exciting stage in its development. We are excited to have a number of brand new opportunities for girl’s to play football with us, whilst celebrating the successes and progression of our current players.
Brand New Additions
St Neots PDC
We are extremely excited to be opening this centre at the start of the 20-21 season, offering an opportunity for girls to join our development programme from a totally new area and start their journey with us.
Haverhill Elite PDC
In partnership with Haverhill Rovers FC, this new centre will offer an excellent opportunity for Rovers players and other local girls to further their development with us. With the addition of this centre we are now proud to offer 5 development centres for girls across East Anglia.
CANARY KICKERS: This brand new programme will give girls aged 4-8 the opportunity to take their first steps into exercise, football and sport. The Canary Kickers will take part in basic technical practices, focussing on fun, learning and developing functional movement skills. The programme will be launched in Ely and St Neots at the start of our 20-21 season, with new locations coming in the future.
We are extremely proud to be able to celebrate the success and progress of girls within our centres, with so many of the girls going on to do outstanding things in football and away from the pitch. For the start of our 20-21 season, we would like to congratulate the following girls on their recent progressions:
- Athene: Athene has recently been accepted into the ACC after a highly successful two seasons within our Cambridgeshire Elite PDC.
- Molly: Molly has been an excellent player within our Cambridgeshire Elite PDC for the last 4 seasons, and has this year been accepted into the ACC.
- Erin: Erin has successfully progressed from the Ely PDC to our Elite Centre after working extremely hard in her first season with us.
- Maddie: Maddie was invited into our Ely PDC after attending one of our football & multisport camps in 2019, joining the PDC a month later. Maddie has been moved up to the Elite PDC after a brilliant first year with us at the PDC.
- Ellie: Ellie initially attended one of our soccer schools in 2017, before joining the Ely PDC for the 19-20 season. Ellie has successfully moved up to the Elite PDC for the start of the 20/21 season.
- Ava: Ava has been excellent at our Ely PDC over the last season, as a result of her efforts she has been moved up to the Elite PDC for the start of the 20/21 season.
We are delighted to be able to share and celebrate the success and development of our players. The girls programme here at the RDP aims to contribute to the growth of girl’s football locally whilst providing positive experiences and excellent opportunities in a welcoming and engaging environment.
If you would like to find out how you can become involved in any of our girl’s football programmes, contact our Girls Football Development Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org