Skip to main content Skip to site footer


18 December 2016

Four players in action

HARRY Toffolo returned from injury to make his first Scunthorpe United appearance in over two months on Saturday as The Iron won 3-0 at home to Millwall in Sky Bet League One.

The 21-year-old left-back played the full match as Paddy Madden's brace either side of a Hakeeb Adelakun strike saw Scunthorpe ease to a victory which kept them clear at the top of the table.

With two away fixtures to come in the calendar year for United, the result means they will have gone throughout the entirety of 2016 unbeaten at Glanford Park.

In the same division, Declan Rudd missed out for Charlton Athletic through injury as The Addicks were beaten 2-0 at home by Peterborough United.

Over the border, Tony Andreu saw a penalty saved as ten-man Dundee United were held to a 0-0 draw at Raith Rovers in the Scottish Championship.

United had defender Lewis Toshney sent off against his former side on 55 minutes, ahead of Andreu's spot-kick being kept out by Raith goalkeeper Kevin Cuthbert with 15 minutes remaining.

A level further up, James Maddison completed 90 minutes for Aberdeen as they went down to a 2-1 defeat at Ross County in the Scottish Premiership.

Liam Boyce's first half opener for the hosts was cancelled out midway through the second half by Niall McGinn, before County saw Kenny van der Weg dismissed with eight minutes left.

Despite their numerical disadvantage they netted a winner two minutes from time; Ryan Dow heading home to confirm consecutive defeats for The Dons.

Remi Matthews' Hamilton Academical were beaten 2-1 away to Rangers, although the goalkeeper wasn't involved as he continues his recovery from a shoulder injury.

Finally, Ebou Adams made his Braintree Town debut at the weekend away to Gateshead having signed a month-long loan deal with the National League side.

The young midfielder featured as a late substitute, subsequently being adjudged to have handled the ball in the box which resulted in a penalty to cancel out Michael Cheek's opener as the game ended at 1-1.

Advertisement block