Skip to main content Skip to site footer


10 April 2017

The latest from City's loan exports

TEN-MAN Hamilton Academical picked up an important point in the Scottish Premiership on Saturday, holding Ross County to a 1-1 draw.

Accies went in front with just three minutes on the clock through Massimo Donati, but saw Giannis Skondras sent off for preventing a counter with the interval looming.

Despite their numerical disadvantage, Hamilton preserved their lead until the 60th minute when Craig Curran bundled home to restore parity.

That would be how it remained until the final whistle, goalkeeper Remi Matthews playing the full 90 for Accies as they edged out of the relegation play-off places.

A level further down, Tony Andreu also completed the full match as Dundee United played out a 1-1 draw at home to Falkirk in the Scottish Championship.

United broke the deadlock on 50 minutes courtesy of a slotted effort from Simon Murray, before Luke Leahy nodded home a late equaliser for The Bairns.

Back in England, Declan Rudd started in goal for Charlton Athletic as they hosted Southend United in Sky Bet League One.

The two teams traded early goals; Ricky Holmes putting The Addicks in front before John White levelled just five minutes later for United.

Charlton would ultimately secure victory in the 74th minute, Jake Forster-Caskey's shot taking a deflection before going in to wrap up a 2-1 win for Karl Robinson's side.

Elsewhere in the division, Scunthorpe United boosted their play-off aspirations with an invaluable 1-0 triumph over Bolton Wanderers at Glanford Park.

David Mirfin's 11th minute header settled the contest, with defender Harry Toffolo absent from The Iron's matchday squad through injury.

In the Sky Bet Championship, Carlton Morris played the full match as already relegated Rotherham United fell to a late defeat at Wigan Athletic.

The visitors had twice led through Danny Ward and Anthony Forde, only for their strikes to be cancelled out by Gabriel Obertan and Alex Gilbey respectively.

That left the game tied at 2-2 heading into injury-time, with Nick Powell's free-kick in the seventh minute added on proving enough to give Wigan all three points.

Advertisement block