EXTRA security measures will be in place for the forthcoming Take That concerts at Carrow Road on Thursday, June 15 and Friday, June 16.
Following consultation between Norwich City, the tour promoters and the relevant authorities, there will be enhanced security at the concerts in light of the recent terror attacks in Manchester and London.
Our thoughts remain with those affected by the terrible and tragic incidents at the Manchester Arena and in London and we admire and support the resilience shown by the families, emergency services and surrounding communities as they move forward at this time.
As a result, when Take That perform at Carrow Road there will be more overt security in evidence on the nights of the concerts, including a visible police and security personnel presence.
Other measures will include a restriction on the size of bags that can be brought into the stadium and increased checks and searches on both nights for those attending the concerts.
Take That fans attending are advised to arrive as early as possible and allow more time for security checks when arriving at the venue as these extra checks to help ensure everybody’s safety will lengthen queueing times.
These measures have been put in place to protect our customers, visitors and staff and to ensure the safety of events taking place at our stadium is maintained throughout this period.
‘The Village’, an area selling food, drink and merchandise situated outside the stadium, will be open from noon on both June 15 and 16.
On June 15, the stadium opens for hospitality customers at 5pm and for all other ticket holders at 6pm.
On June 16, opening times are 5pm for hospitality customers and 5:30pm for all other ticket holders.
More customer service details including travel advice will be published in the coming days.
Summary of key safety messages for concert-goers
- Please arrive as early as possible and allow more time for security checks and searches when arriving at the venue. These extra checks will increase the length of queues.
- Bags larger than 40cm x 35cm x 19cm (small bag/handbag) will NOT be allowed into the stadium.
- Concert-goers should be vigilant and report anything which causes them concern or which they think may constitute a safety risk to the nearest security or police personnel.
- Lost or stolen tickets must be reported to the ticket office.
- No food and drink will be allowed in except that purchased in stadium concessions.
- Items not permitted in the stadium are as attached HERE.