Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Academy News

Steve Stone: This is an investment opportunity for the fans

16 March 2018

The Canaries Bond opens for public investment on Wednesday March 28, while anyone who pre-registers will have access to the investment page a week early on March 21.

Ahead of the launch, we caught up with Norwich City Managing Director Steve Stone to talk about the Canaries Bond and how the returns work.

“We’ve asked our supporters in the past to support the Academy,” said Stone. “Specifically, we’ve had the Academy donations with our season tickets, where fans could choose to donate to the Academy.

“We’re really now looking at taking that up to another level, but actually not asking for donations, but looking at an investment opportunity for our fans where we can give something back to them and at the same time achieving what we are planning to do.

“The terms of the Bond are that it’s a five-year fixed bond and that it pays 8% interest per annum. 5% of that is cash and 3% of it is Club Credit – which means it can be spent in kiosks on match days, in our shop, hospitality and match-day tickets. So overall it’s an 8% interest rate

“The other key element of the Bond is that if we’re promoted to the Premier League within the five years, there is a 25% bonus on the first promotion to the Premier League.”

Norwich City’s vision is to be an established Premier League club, driven by its proud, passionate football community. The Academy is at the heart of this strategy, which places emphasis on the development of players at every level. The Canaries Bond is vital to delivering this.

To gain priority investment access to the Canaries Bond, pre-register now at tifosy.com/canaries.


Advertisement block