Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Loan round-up: Abrahams makes first start for Yeovil

11 February 2019

Tristan Abrahams made his first start for Yeovil Town on Saturday and featured for 55 minutes as the Glovers lost against Grimsby Town at Huish Park.

The forward was a threat throughout the first half creating chances for both Alex Fisher and Rhys Browne, but Abrahams’ teammates were unable to find a way past James McKeown in the Grimsby goal.

Ben Marshall featured for 84 minutes in Millwall’s game against Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium, and was booked one minute before the home side opened the scoring after colliding with Connor Roberts.

Straight after the Swans took the lead when George Byers rifled a shot into the top right corner from the edge of the area. Byers' goal ended up being the match winner, with Swansea coming away with a 1-0 victory.

Walsall suffered a 2-0 loss away against Blackpool, with Matt Jarvis replaced in the 73rd minute by 21-year-old Corey Taylor.

Chris Long put the hosts ahead with a clinical finish 14 minutes in before Harry Pritchard doubled their lead with minutes to spare after pressurising the Walsall back line into making a mistake.

James Husband started for Fleetwood, who made it two wins on the bounce in League One, after beating Bradford City 1-0 thanks to Paddy Madden’s instinctive finish from close range.

The City full-back was given a yellow card with eight minutes of the game left to play after a foul on Paul Caddis, but went on to help Joey Barton’s side see out the game.

AFC Fylde drew against 23rd placed Maidstone United in the National League, and the point helps them keep up the pace with league leaders Leyton Orient who are four points ahead of the Fylde in the table.

Timi Odusina once again started for Dave Challinor’s side, who went a goal ahead after 30 minutes with Aron Davies scoring an own goal. However Jake Robinson’s 60th minute equaliser meant both teams had to share the spoils.

Simon Power started and played a full 90 minutes for FC Dordrecht in their thrilling comeback against Helmond Sport in a game which saw three red cards and two goals after the 86th minute.

Arne Naudts’ goal 13 minutes in meant Helmond Sport led for the majority of the game, but Tibeau Swinnen’s red card with four minutes of normal time to play allowed the visitors a way back into the game.

Jeremy Cijntje and Joel Zwarts both scored in the space of three minutes to put Dordrecht ahead before a further two Helmond Sport players were sent off in the final stages of stoppage time.

Sean Raggett was not involved in Rotherham United’s draw against Wigan Athletic, with the defender still recovering from an injury he suffered against Ipswich, but is close to returning to Paul Warne’s matchday squad.

Bolton Wanderers were beaten by Norwich City’s next opponents Preston North End on Saturday. City loanee Yanic Wildschut is still on the road to recovery after suffering a lengthy injury at the start of January.

Another City loan player who sat out of the weekend’s fixture due to injury is Nelson Oliveira at Reading, after the striker suffered a head injury in the Royals’ previous game.

In Scotland, Hearts progressed through to the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup after a convincing 4-0 victory against Auchinleck Talbot on Saturday.

Steven Naismith started and featured for 76 minutes before being replaced by Aidan Keena who went on to score the home side's fourth, and cap off a game which brought an end to Scottish Junior side Auchinleck Talbot's Scottish Cup adventure.

In Germany, Marcel Franke played the full 90 minutes for SV Darmstadt against Heidenheim in their 2-1 loss against the side placed fourth in the Bundesliga second tier.

Advertisement block