Over the summer, we’ve been investing in a number of improvements to both of our Carrow Road and Colney sites, many of which are as a result of the feedback received in our matchday survey that we carried out in April 2019.
Carrow Road is undergoing a rolling phase of development to enhance the matchday experience for fans. Here’s what fans can expect when they next arrive at the stadium;
Carrow Road- By stand
- Following fan feedback, over 3000 plastic seats in the City Stand have been replaced and will be in place for our pre-season fixtures-onwards
- To help the queueing system, we’ve doubled the number of kiosks from five to ten
- We’ve also increased the amount of toilet facilities for both ladies and gentlemen
- The South Stand is currently undergoing a rebrand, which will be in place for our first Premier League game of the season against Newcastle on August 17
- A new digiRIBBON has been installed along both the Regency and Barclay stands to replace the old scoreboards and static advertising boards, which will allow us to produce digital stadium takeovers and support atmosphere generation
- VAR will also be in operation for the 2019-20 season, so the big screen will be used to keep fans informed of the referee’s decision making process, and to show replays for decisions that have been overturned
- We are also currently looking at stadium WIFI, which we be rolling out in the 2020-21 season, to be followed by an official Norwich City stadium app
- The Club have also undertaken a project to enhance our audio-visual capabilities in most lounges
- For example, the Gunn Club now has three x 85 inch 4k TVs and six x 75 inch 4k TVs installed, along with a new lighting and speaker system
- We’ve also installed fibre optics around the Stadium which has substantially increased the picture quality of the screens in lounges
- There will be a new look in the technical area, with brand-new dugouts having a perspex frame surrounding the new seating for Daniel Farke and our players plus the visiting team
- Due to broadcast requirements, a new ‘Mixed Zone’ has been created, which is where media interviews with players and managers will be conducted after the final whistle
- Two new changing facilities for female referees and football representatives have been installed to ensure we’re compliant with Premier League regulations
Match day playlist
- A big thanks to all fans that have sent in their recommendations for the official Norwich City matchday playlist
- This is currently being compiled and will be in operation for Newcastle on August 17
Atmosphere working groups
- We would like to thank all fans for their continued support in boosting the atmosphere at Carrow Road
- We are very proud of the work we do alongside the Atmosphere Working groups who we meet with several times a season to brainstorm and develop ideas for initiatives
- The Club is actively seeking new recruits for the Atmosphere Working Groups, especially fans who sit in the Lower Regency and City Stand. Please contact our Supporter Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and for further information.
Colney has undergone a huge renovation thanks in part to the Academy Bond scheme. These include:
- A brand-new gym building for both the First Team and the Academy, that includes state of the art equipment provided by Jordan Fitness.
- Additional floodlighting and camera position on the training pitches to enable year-round usage of our facilities.
- New office space for the award-winning performance team.
- Sauna and Jacuzzi to assist with the recovery process for the players.
- A new team meeting and match analysis suite for the players and staff to prepare for upcoming opponents.
- A new building housing the Academy with office space, classrooms, dining rooms, changing rooms and laundry space.
- Increased stand capacity on pitch one.
- Repositioned automatic entrance gates.
- Additional car parking spaces and landscaping in front of the current main building and the new build.
Ben Kensell, Chief Operating Officer at the Club, said: “We’re so pleased to announce the significant amount of development that’s happened over the summer to both our Carrow Road and Colney sites.
“We’ve listened to fan feedback and have invested in a number of key changes to the stadium to enhance our fans matchday experience, many of which will be in operation from our first home pre-season fixture against Atalanta tomorrow.”