The EFL have confirmed dates for the Sky Bet Championship, Carabao Cup, and EFL Trophy (previously Leasing.com Trophy) for the 2020-21 season.
Our first competitive game of the season is set to take place on Saturday, September 5 (subject to change) in the first round of the Carabao Cup. The draw for that fixture will take place on Sky Sports on Tuesday, August 18 (time TBC), remaining unseeded and divided into northern and southern sections.
The competition has undergone a rule change with the two-legged semi-finals now being decided over a single tie.
The dates for the 2020-21 Carabao Cup are as follows:
- Round One - September 5, 2020 (alternative dates may apply)
- Round Two - September 15/16, 2020
- Round Three - September 22/23, 2020
- Round Four - September 29/30, 2020
- Round Five - December 22/23, 2020
- Semi-finals - January 5/6, 2021 (tie to be played at the venue of club drawn out first)
- Final - February 28, 2021
Our EFL Trophy group will also be decided on Tuesday, August, 18, with the draw taking place on TalkSPORT 2 at 1.30pm BST. The tournament will begin in the week commencing Monday, September 7, with the final taking place at Wembley Stadium on Sunday, March 14 2021.
The dates for the 2020-21 EFL Trophy are as follows:
- Matchday 1 - September 8/9 2020
- Matchday 2 - October 6/7 2020
- Matchday 3 - November 10/11 2020
- Round of 32 - December 8/9 2020
- Round of 16 - January 12/13 2021
- Quarter-finals - February 2/3 2021
- Semi-finals - February 16/17 2021
- Final - March 14 2021
Our Sky Bet Championship campaign begins on Saturday, September 12, and will feature 13 midweek fixtures before culminating across the weekend of May 8-9 in 2021. The Sky Bet Play-Off Finals will take place at Wembley Stadium over the Spring Bank Holiday weekend of May 29-31.
The full fixture schedule for the Championship will be released on Friday, August 21 at 9am.