October is set to be a packed schedule for Norwich City, with six first-team fixtures, eight academy games and three women’s matches, as well as an international break.
Let’s break it down and take a look at who we’ll be playing and how you can follow the action from home.
Sky Bet Championship
- Match 4 - Saturday, October 3 (12.30pm KO) vs Derby County (H)
- Match 5 - Saturday, October 17 (3pm KO) vs Rotherham United (A)
- Match 6 - Tuesday, October 20 (7.45pm KO) vs Birmingham City (H)
- Match 7 - Saturday, October 24 (3pm KO) vs Wycombe Wanderers (H)
- Match 8 - Tuesday, October 27 (7.45pm KO) vs Brentford (A)
- Match 9 - Saturday, October 31 (3pm KO) vs Bristol City (A)
With one win, one draw and one defeat from our opening three league games, October sees us double down with six games in four weeks, bringing about the famous Saturday-Tuesday rotation of Championship football.
After kicking off October with the visit of Derby County at Carrow Road, our schedule is broken up by international fixtures (see below), returning on Saturday, October 17 with five games in the space of just two weeks.
Away from home, October will see us travel to the AESSEAL New York Stadium, Ashton Gate and, for the very first time, the new Brentford Community Stadium. Home and away, there will be a total of 18 points up for grabs!
All other Sky Bet Championship games will be streamed exclusively on iFollow.
Several Norwich City players are set to be called up to their respective nations over the international break, which runs from Monday, October 5 to Friday, October 16.
Supporters can stay up to date with which City players feature for their countries on our social media channels as well as canaries.co.uk.
- Premier League 2 Division 2 Match 4 - Friday, October 2 (7pm KO) vs Fulham (A)
- EFL Trophy Match 2 - Tuesday, October 6 (7pm KO) vs Newport County (A)
- Premier League 2 Division 2 Match 5 - Friday, October 16 (7pm KO) vs Stoke City (H)
- Premier League U18 South Match 4 - Saturday, October 17 (11am KO) vs Crystal Palace (H)
- Premier League U18 South Match 5 - Saturday, October 24 (12pm KO) vs Chelsea (A)
- Premier League 2 Division 2 Match 6 - Monday, October 26 (1pm KO) vs Leeds United (A)
- Premier League 2 Division 2 Match 7 - Friday, October 30 (1pm KO) vs Middlesbrough (H)
- Premier League U18 South Match 6 - Saturday, October 31 (11am KO) vs Arsenal (A)
Norwich City’s Under-23s began their Premier League 2 Division 2 campaign with two wins and one defeat in September, putting them level on points with Fulham, who have a game in hand. That makes Friday, October 2nd’s meeting of the two sides particularly tasty.
Then, it’s back to domestic football with a trip to south Wales to face Newport County in the second group game of the EFL Trophy. City are currently top of group N having beaten Plymouth Argyle in the opening fixture, while Newport lost to Cheltenham Town.
Stoke, Leeds and Middlesbrough make up the rest of the U23s league opponents this month.
As for the Under-18s, they have also got their Premier League U18 South season underway with six points from nine in September. October sees Steve Weaver’s side take on Crystal Palace, Chelsea and Arsenal, all of whom got wins under their belts last month.
Updates for all Academy fixtures can be found on Twitter @NorwichCityAcad.
Norwich City Women
- Match 3 - Sunday, October 4 (2pm KO) vs Hashtag United (A)
- Match 4 - Sunday, October 11 (2pm KO) vs Billericay Town (A)
- Match 5 - Sunday, October 25 (2pm KO) vs AFC Wimbledon (H)
Our women’s team had a mixed start to the National League Division 1 South East season with a 4-1 defeat at Cambridge United and a 3-1 win at home to Cambridge City in September.
October’s game against AFC Wimbledon at the Nest is the clash to look out for, as they top the league at the time of writing with six points from six.
Updates for all Norwich City Women fixtures can be found on Twitter @NorwichCityWFC.