Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

City trio nominated for EFL end of season awards

26 April 2021

Three Norwich City players have been nominated for the EFL's end of season awards.

Teemu Pukki and Emi Buendia have both been nominated for the EFL Sky Bet Championship Player of the Season award, while Max Aarons has been nominated for the EA Sports Young Player of the Season award.

Pukki, who won the Player of the Season award in Norwich City's previous promotion campaign of 2018-19, has scored 25 goals in 40 Championship appearances so far this season, including his first Championship hat-trick in April's 7-0 win at home to Huddersfield Town.

Many of those goals were created by Buendia, who has been the league's outstanding playmaker with 14 goals and 17 assists in 37 matches so far.

Brentford's Ivan Toney is the other nominee for the Player of the Season award.

At right-back, 21-year-old Max Aarons has been integral to Norwich's success, playing all but one of the 44 league matches this season. In those 43 appearances, he has played 90 minutes in every game! Aarons also has two goals and four assists, most recently scoring in Saturday's 3-1 win at Queens Park Rangers.

Harvey Elliott of Blackburn Rovers and Michael Olise from Reading are the other two nominees for the award. EA Sports will be hosting an online vote, which goes live on Wednesday, April 28, equating to 25% of the overall result, with the other 75% made up of votes from the EFL Awards judging panel.

The winners of the EFL Awards will be announced live on Sky Sports Football from 7.30pm on Thursday evening.


Advertisement block