Pre-Academy Recruitment Officer
Location: Within the local regions of Norfolk, Suffolk, and Cambridge (60 Minutes from the Lotus Training Ground).
Contract and Hours: Part Time 20 hours per week, permanent. Hours will consist of weekday afternoons, evenings and weekends.
Salary: £15,000 per annum, plus Company Benefits
The role of Pre-Academy Recruitment Officer is fundamental to the long-term vision of Norwich City Football Club in identifying and recruiting the most talented young players for the Club. The Pre-Academy Recruitment Officer will assist in the implementation of identification, recruitment, and scouting strategies for the Academy across the Player Performance Pathway of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP). Together they will work in conjunction with the Head of Foundation Phase, Head of Academy Recruitment and Head of Academy Coaching, whilst striving to identify and recruit the most talented young players available in adherence with the profile of player the Club is seeking to recruit.
As the successful candidate will be required to travel, a full driving licence is essential. The ideal candidate will have knowledge in the following areas of Norfolk, Suffolk, and Cambridge.
Key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identification and recruitment of players across the Player Performance Pathway in adherence with Academy profiles.
- Assist in implementing strategies for internal and external scouting on a local level.
- Develop and manage a network of scouts and contacts to work in support of internal and external strategies.
- Manage Centres of Excellences and City Select throughout the region.
- Manage the Pre-Academy programme.
- Provide feedback, advice and support to players and parents on the development of the player.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of the Talent Identification database.
- Implement Scouting Policy and Protocol for scouts attending games.
- Develop relationships with local clubs and external organisations.
- Organise and run Talent ID events.
- Administration as required.
- Undertake travel across the U.K to fulfil the role.
Other attributes include:
- Self-motivated and committed.
- A strategic planner, organiser, and co-ordinator.
- Confident and able to work individually and as part of a successful team.
- A ‘people person’ with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledgeable and possess experience of working within the football environment.
- Computer literate.
- Able to drive.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Talent Identification Course Level 2.
- UEFA B License.
- Safeguarding and First Aid.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join the Canaries, click ‘Apply’ now on careers.canaries.co.uk to become our Pre-Academy Recruitment Officer!
Closing date: Friday 9th July 2021.
Norwich City Football Club are committed to ensuring equal opportunities are given to all and welcomes applications from all areas of the community regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.
Norwich City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in the workplace. Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this post. Engagement will be subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure.