Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 12:00 (UK)

24 November 2018 Venue Colney Training Centre Attendance

Kick off 12:00 (UK)

Norwich City U18
3 - 3
Leicester City U18

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Lineup will be displayed here shortly before the game

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Under-18s draw in six goal thriller

24 November 2018

Norwich City's Under-18s drew 3-3 against Leicester City in the U18s Premier League at Colney Training Ground.

City started on the front foot with Tyrese Omotoye getting the first chance of the game after two minutes. The ball was played over the Foxes defence and into the path of the City striker, but the keeper reacted well and came out to gather the ball.

Just over five minutes in, Josh Giurgi's shot was saved by Oliver Bosworth, but Isak Thorvaldsson reacted first and tapped the ball in from close range to put the Canaries in front.

The visitors responded well after the goal and started to ask questions of the City defence. After 20 minutes City stood firm and dealt with the visitors’ wide threat well, with the Foxes unable to test Sam Blair in the Norwich goal.

Mid-way through the first half, Atli Barkarson found space on the left-hand side of the 18-yard box, before driving a shot towards Bosworth in the Leicester goal. However his shot didn’t trouble the keeper and drifted wide. 

Josh Guirgi drove forward with the ball in the 30th minute and the midfielder floated in a cross, however Bosworth managed to get a grip and catch the ball to stop what would have been a tap-in for Thorvaldsson at the back post.

The Icelandic striker got his second of the game ten minutes later as Jordan Thomas found space on the right side before easing past a Foxes defender and driving a low cross into the six-yard box. Thorvaldsson met the ball and tapped it in from a few yards out.

Just one minute later City had a three goal cushion. Barkarson found Omotoye with a clever pass behind the Leicester defence, before the striker took a touch and curled beautifully past Bosworth and into the back of the net.

At the start of the second half Blair made a fine stop from close range, blocking Pennant's powerful effort with his feet and putting the ball away from danger. 

Ten minutes into the half Leicester City’s Liam Loughlin's left-footed strike found the bottom right corner of the City goal to pull one back for the visitors with plenty of the second half to go.

City found themselves with just a one goal cushion a few minutes later after Pennant created a bit of space in the Canaries box before blasting the ball into the centre of the goal to make it 3-2.

One minute later, Leicester were level as Ethan Fitzhugh curled the ball into the bottom corner from the edge of the area, just out of the reach of the City keeper who was unable to keep the ball out.

After the equaliser, City settled back into the game and started to create a few openings, with Omotoye going close in the final stages of the game, but were unable to find an equaliser.

Starting XI: Blair; Thomas (Keller 73), Barkarson, Omobamidele, Lomas, Milovanovic, Vaughan, Dronfield, Omotoye, Thorvaldsson (Olopade 73), Giurgi

Unused Subs: Ahmadi, Berkeley, Richardson

Advertisement block

Advertisement block