7 days ago
Senior Academy Physiotherapist
Location: Lotus Training Centre
Contract and Hours: Permanent Full Time 40 hours per week
Salary: £28,000 – £34,000 per annum dependent on experience, plus Company Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced candidate to join the Academy Sport Science and Medicine department at Norwich City Football Club in the role of Senior Academy Physiotherapist. We are looking for a Physiotherapist with at least 2 years’ experience of working within elite sport and looking to continue their career at a Category 1 academy. The successful candidate will provide medical care for Professional Development Phase (PDP) players within the Academy as outlined in EPPP guidelines and the Academy Performance Plan. The Senior Academy Physiotherapist will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries for players within the U18’s Squad. You will be required to work across the Player Performance Pathway (to include the Foundation and Youth Development Phases) as and when required.
The role would ideally suit a candidate with the organisational skills and attention to detail to maintain an efficient working Category 1 Academy of which aims to create an efficient environment for producing young professional football players. You will need to have excellent communication skills to create strong working relationships both internally and externally, with staff, parents, and suppliers. It is also essential for you to have proven experience of time management and meeting deadlines for the fast paced and exciting working environment. The candidate must be enthusiastic and motivated to work with adolescent elite footballers.
The role involves working evenings and weekends. The candidate must have a degree in Physiotherapy and be HCPC registered with an in date ATMMIF qualification or equivalent.
Key tasks/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Maintain high standard of medical care to all Academy players and trialists as directed by the Lead Academy Physiotherapist;
· Deliver excellent standards of assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of all Under 18’s injuries;
· Provide support and supervision to the Academy Physiotherapists in the management of schoolboy injuries;
· To monitor Under 18 player physical and mental wellbeing, creating individualised plans and communicating these effectively with the MDT;
· Be responsible for administration of antidoping procedures including day-to-day updating of the whereabouts system.
· To ensure all training and matches is adequately covered with suitably qualified medical staff with reference to EPPP Guidelines;
· Be responsible for fully documenting injuries and maintaining confidentiality in accordance with governing body and EPPP guidelines;
· In conjunction with relevant staff within the Sport Science and Medicine team, to complete phase specific profiling and assessments and use the information gathered to generate and implement individual injury prevention programmes to be carried out during the season;
· Contribute to the internal CPD programme and provide CPD support to our team of casual therapists;
· Assist any other member of the Medical team at Norwich City in any role deemed appropriate.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join the Canaries, click ‘Apply’ now on https://careers.canaries.co.uk to become our Senior Academy Physiotherapist.
Closing date: Monday 27th September 2021
Norwich City Football Club are committed to ensuring equal opportunities are given to all and welcomes applications from all areas of the community regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.
Norwich City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in the workplace. Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this post. Engagement will be subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure.